If you've got a sweet tooth but you need to count calories and keep eating nutritious foods, there is a solution... protein muffins!!
Yes, protein muffins are one way to keep feeding your muscles and satisfying your taste buds at the same time, without the guilt you would experience from having a piece of red velvet or fudge brownie that would throw your macros through the roof. Nobody wants to put their hard work off for a moment of sweet sweet weakness!
These cakes have no sugar and good fats, and can be used for a healthy snack, as part of your meal plan (please do check it fits in your macros!). Find recipe below 😍🍰
*** Protein Banana Oat Muffins ***
For 6 muffinsPreheat oven on: 175°C electric / 155°C fan / 4 gas mark
Put in a blender:
- 1 ripe banana
- 50g vanilla or toffee whey protein
- 30g ground oats (you can put your oats in a blender beforehand to grind them until you get approx. 30g)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp honey (if not sweet enough)
- cinnamon, nutmeg or any kind of spice that tickles your fancy
- berries (as many as you like, works well with raspberries and/or blueberries!)
Bake for 20-25 minutes mid-height in the oven, the muffins should be moist and fluffy!
Each muffin is approx. 150 calories with 11g protein.
You can share below in the comments how you made yours, what type of berries or fillings you used, etc. Don't be afraid to get creative!